ACTive Citizens: Anti-bullying
Our ACTive Topics drama workshops engage children on a deeper level using the skills and techniques of professional theatre.
Bullying (online and face to face) is an issue that children need to be equipped to address.
In one day we spread an "all different, all equal" anti-bullying message and share fun ACTive drama techniques to help prevent bullying - while unifying the children through the activity itself.
Our workshops are facilitated by professional actors who are also experienced in working in primary schools. Our professionals know how to quickly build trust among the group and adapt to their specific needs.
These sessions run between 35 and 60 minutes for EYFS and KS1, and KS2. Our recommended schedule for a full day includes 5 sessions of 50 minutes each.
The children use drama-based games and facilitated storytelling exercises to:
- Explore and celebrate what makes them, and others, unique.
- Identify different types of bullying.
- Imagine how bullying makes other people feel.
- Learn to see themselves, others and their relationships from different perspectives.
- Discover that they can identify problems and take individual and/or collective action to prevent bullying.
- Create a 'Creative Conclusion' by working as a team and embodying many of the qualities they’ve been learning about, such as openness to alternative viewpoints and willingness to challenge the status quo.
Other topics - please ask!
As well as ACTive Citizenship we also do workshops on History, Geography and the Environment, Festivals and Culture, and Science. For our full list of topics please see our ACTive Topics page.
But it doesn't stop there. We’re creating new ACTive Topics workshops all the time - if you have a special request for a topic let us know and we may be able to make your workshop next at no extra charge!
What you need to know
Workshop leader: An experienced drama facilitator, with a current Enhanced DBS check.
Age range: Reception to Year 6. P1 to P7 in Scotland.
Location: In your school hall
Group size: Up to 30 children per class.
Minimum booking lengths: Bookings as short as one class for one hour are available to schools inside the M25, and also in Oxfordshire. We hope to offer this flexibility in other parts of the country in due course.
For schools in and south of Birmingham, and in and east of Bristol the minimum booking is a half-day. Elsewhere in the country the minimum booking is a full day.