Another freebie this week! Here are some suggested activities based on Oliver Jeffer's The Heart and the Bottle, which features in our literacy musical What's Your Story?, the last shows of which are fast approaching!
• What does the ‘empty chair’ represent in the story?
• What is it that makes the little girl put her heart in the bottle and why is it so difficult for her to get it out of the bottle after it has been in there for all those years?
• Why is the little girl able to get the heart out of the bottle when the person who owned the heart couldn’t?
• Tell the story of ‘The Heart In The Bottle’ in your own words explaining the things that happened and why.
• What sort of things could make other people put their own ‘heart in a bottle’? Create a list of these things and/or the people who may have their ‘heart in a bottle.’
• Create a list of ways to help people retrieve their hearts if they are hidden away in a bottle.