While George's Marvellous Medicine features in our new literacy musical Back to Before, we thought we'd give you some suggested teacher resources for another of Roald Dahl's all-time classics, The BFG.
- Create some new giants to join the horrible crew that Sophie and the BFG have to deal with in the story
- The early part of the book refers a lot to dreams and nightmares. Draw up a list of dreams and nightmares that children can remember having.
- Write a newspaper report of the campaign to capture the fearsome giants
- Create some imaginary recipes for a giant’s cook book – delicious recipes for human beans and the like.
- Write a dictionary for the BFG’s words explaining what he actually means by some of the unusual words he uses.
- There is an abundance of ideas for classroom activities to be found on this website http://www.roalddahlfans.com/teachers.php#4