Telephone Sales Team
Full time, £10/hour
Temporary role - 2.5 months
(high possibility of extension)
Full time (approx 9am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday)
Start 1st December until end January 2016.
The office closes after 21 December and reopens on 5 January 2016
£10/hour plus holiday pay.
Each year West End in Schools produces and performs pantomimes in primary schools all over England. You’ll be a key part of the small team involved in administering this process, focusing on scheduling in next year's work, and handling incoming enquiries for other work next year. This is an opportunity to work in the heart of the West End, gaining unique insights into the theatre industry and education sector.
Who we're looking for
- Speaks fluent English, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Has a friendly telephone manner and communicates precise information in a friendly way.
- Can sell without putting the buyer under pressure.
- Loves live performance, has a good sense of humour.
- Is numerate and computer literate.
Our vision and mission
Every child’s imagination should be inspired by the arts. Our mission is to use the skills of the professional theatre to provide highly creative learning experiences for children which they will remember for ever.
- Well structured work, creating the maximum benefit in the shortest time.
- Fairness - including the Living Wage.
- Continuous improvement.
- Time for each other.
- A desire to do things the best possible way.
- We acknowledge and share our own mistakes before they cause a problem. We do not blame each other for theirs.
What you'll be doing
- Collecting feedback from the schools we’re visiting with a pantomime this Christmas.
- Taking rebookings for next year's pantomime season and other work next year via phone and email.
- Recording all conversations, enquiries and bookings in our CRM system.
- If appropriate, handling sales enquiries by email.
- Other tasks as they become necessary.
There is potential for more work in the future as the business is expanding, and it is possible that there may be an option to extend the role into March.
Reporting Structure, key contacts and practicalities
We are a small company and you will report to the Marketing Coordinator.
In your day-to-day work you will interact with the people in our office, a range of West End performers and our contacts in schools.
You will be based in our busy office next to Caledonian Road station (with a Christmas tree and a coffee machine).
How to apply
Please telephone our application line on 020 3095 9124 and follow the instructions on the message there. If we are interested in taking your application further we will be in touch to ask for a CV.
Please do not call the main office number or email CV's - applicants attempting to apply by these routes will not be considered.
Deadline: Sunday 6th November
Where we are: